Webex for Developers Newsletter – October 2022October 17, 2022
Welcome to the 👻 October edition 🎃 of the Webex for Developers newsletter, delivering all the latest happenings with the Webex platform, community, and ecosystem.
🎤 Upcoming Webinars & Events🎤
The Webex team has some great developer events taking place in the upcoming weeks that you won’t want to miss. Here’s what our developer community can look forward to:
October Public Webinar 🕸
How to Build a Bitcoin Chat Bot - On October 19th @ 10am Pacific, Webex Developer Evangelist, Aaron Burns, for some hands-on instruction on how to create a bot in Webex. Check out the webinar events page to register for the event or watch the recording.
WebexOne 2022: Developer Sessions 💻
Join us for WebexOne, a two-day virtual event, where we'll explore how to transform collaboration with the Webex platform (October 25-26 for the Americas and October 26-27 for EMEA & APJC). Be sure to check out the developer-focused sessions and trainings.
🆕 Developer Platform Updates🆕
There are more new updates to learn about this month:
- Webex Developer Evangelist, Aaron Burns, highlights some important new changes in the Webex People API Update for interacting with Webex user data.
- The Webex Mobile SDKs (iOS and Android) were updated to v3.7, adding new methods for breakout session support, managing captcha codes, and monitoring network status changes.
💡App Hub Partner Spotlight💡
In a recent blog post: Webex: Unstoppable Platform & Integrations, Marketing Manager for Ecosystem & Tech Integrations, Jessica Knieff, showcases some great new partner integrations, Embedded Apps, and bots listed in the Webex App Hub.
📺 Now Available: September Developer Webinar Recording 📺
For those who could not attend the Webex Developer webinar that took place on September 28th, ‘Building Webex Embedded Apps with Intention’ or just want to watch a replay – the recording is now available to watch on the webinar events page.
📝 New How-to Blogs 📝
We also published some helpful new “how-to” blog posts to get those developer wheels turning:
- Webex Developer Evangelism Manager, Adam Weeks, shows us how to simplify our authentication workflows by Implementing Login with Webex.
- Additionally, Community Technical Manager, Eugene Morozov, shows how Webex Developers can leverage AWS Public Cloud for their integrations and what the journey looks like for obtaining an AWS Developer Associate Certification.
🪵 Webex API Changelog Rollcall 🪵
The Webex API Changelog keeps on rolling along, so be sure to keep tabs on that page. Here are some recent items that deserve special attention:
- New Administrator API: Session Types define the features and options that are available to users for scheduled meetings.
- New Site-Level API: Site lets you update features, options and privileges that are configured for your Webex service sites.
- There’s a breaking change in the meetingParticipants REST resource to avoid race conditions.