Webex App Hub Submission Process
The Webex App Hub enables anyone to share their integrations and bots with the rest of the Webex community.
Should you submit your app? It's up to you! If you believe it will benefit other Webex users, it's always nice to share. Consider submitting only when:
- Your app is final and tested
- Anyone can add and use it
- App promotion is important
If your app is for internal or testing use only — don't worry — submissions are not necessary for your app to work.
Still in? Great.
To ensure a quicker approval process, please review everything on the submission checklist.
Your Integration or Bot must have:
- Valid entries in all the submission fields
- A clear description pointing out the benefits of the Integration or Bot
- An onboarding process and active customer support model
- Respond appropriately to common initial commands, like: "hi," "help," or "hello"
- A monitoring process to ensure Integration or Bot remains functional
- All features fully operational and tested (no test or demo apps, please!)
- NO third-party advertisements. If your integration or bot requires fees or subscriptions, please include all pricing details in the description
- NO grammatical errors, foul language, or obscene images in the submission fields or rendered messages in Webex
- NO "Cisco", "Spark", "Webex", "Teams", or other Cisco trademarks in the app title or logo without express permission from Cisco and your app listing must follow the latest Webex brand guidelines.
Your Integration should also:
- Use minimum necessary scopes from the OAuth list
- Be provisioned in your My Webex Apps. Do NOT create Integrations purely for listing purposes
- Have a landing page that redirects from the Webex App Hub and clearly explains your Webex Integration. The landing page should include an "Add to Webex" button, which starts the self-enabled user OAuth process. If not, instructions must provide users a try/use option. This page can NOT be your company home page.
The app review process usually takes 1-3 weeks based on the completeness of your submission. Once you submit, someone from the Webex Developer Support team will work with you throughout the review process.
Note: Cisco performs testing on all apps before listing on the Webex App Hub.
After approval, if any integration or bot is not functional or the information provided is not valid, it will be removed from the Webex App Hub immediately. But don't worry, we will notify you, provide support, and allow you to fix the issue in order to re-list it on the Webex App Hub.