Webex for Developers Newsletter – November 2022November 14, 2022
Welcome to the 📰 November edition 🗞️ of the Webex for Developers newsletter. Let’s take a look at the latest happenings with the Webex platform, community, and ecosystem.
📺 Upcoming Developer Webinar 📺
You won’t want to miss the next public webinar: Webex for Developers' Year End Review 2022, where we cover the important new platform features, API updates, and partner stories over the last year.
Head over to the Developer Webinars page to register for the live event or watch the recording afterwards.
✨ Browser SDK Update ✨
Check out this great blog from Webex Software Engineer, Kesava Krishnan Madavan, to learn all about this new feature.
🆕 New Content Dropped 🆕
We have more new Webex developer blogs, videos, and presentations to share this month. Be sure to check them all out:
- ☎️ Get ready to build some Webex Calling integrations! Senior Developer Evangelist, Phil Bellanti, walks us through the Webex Calling platform and APIs, in a high-level overview blog and Vidcast.
- 🪙 You'll also want to check out the most recent webinar recording on the webinar library page: “Build-a-Bitcoin-Bot”. In this webinar, Developer Evangelist, Aaron Burns, shows us how to build a Webex bot, from start to finish, that checks the price of Bitcoin & Ethereum, using the webex-node-bot-framework.
- 📺 In case you missed the main breakout session at WebexOne in October: “Level-up your hybrid workflows with the Calling and Meetings APIs”, the recording is now available.
- 🎓 Recordings are also available for the two developer-focused training sessions offered at the end of the WebexOne event:
- In the first training session: Intro to the Webex Developer Platform, Senior Developer Evangelist, Phil Bellanti, takes us through what’s available for Webex developers.
- In the second training session: Building Webex Embedded Apps, Senior Developer Evangelist, David Liedle, shows us the developer framework and each step to create Embedded Apps in Webex.
🪵 Webex API Changelog Highlights 🪵
The Webex API Changelog is rolling on, so be sure to check on that page frequently. Here are some noteworthy recent entries:
- List Transcripts API update 10/18: All transcripts for the current user at a given site can now be listed and two new response parameters are included:
- New 10/27 - Create & List Invitation Sources API: Invitation Sources allows the host or an administrator to list or assign a custom
sourceIDto a meeting or webinar invitation, to track where it originated from.
- Create a Meeting API update 10/27: Now supports the creation of ad-hoc meetings (previously for scheduled meetings only).