Webex for Developers Newsletter – September 2023September 19, 2023
Greetings, Webex Developers! As usual, we have some new stories, updates, and other tidbits in this month's newsletter to keep you up to date. So, let’s get right to it and catch up on all the current events.
📺Live Webinar: Webex Contact Center APIs
The Webex Contact Center platform is a fertile ground for developers. Join the Webex Developer Evangelism and Product teams on Wednesday, September 27th at 1:00PM EDT, as we walk through the world of Webex Contact Center APIs and explore how the platform can be leveraged to build amazing integrations. You can register for the live event and watch the recording later the Developer Webinars page.
🎪Join us at WebexOne 2023 in Anaheim!
WebexOne is a can’t-miss event, jam-packed with incredible in-person experiences and never-before-seen AI innovations.
- Witness groundbreaking advancements in audio and video intelligence.
- Attend an AI masterclass, led by a Stanford University Associate Professor.
- Receive hands-on technical training with over 30 interactive courses.
- Learn from the experts in over 40 breakout sessions on hybrid work and customer experience.
Space is limited, so register today to secure your spot in Anaheim! Plus, save 50% with code: WX1DEV50
☎️Get Started with the Webex Call Control APIs
The Call Control APIs for Webex Calling can perform user calling actions and provide information about the user’s calls, to power a variety of use cases for custom calling clients, dynamic call routing, and populating agent dashboards & widgets. Check out this new blog from Webex Developer Evangelist, Phil Bellanti, for a comprehensive overview of the Call Control API endpoints, webhooks that are available, and resources to get started quickly.
📲Android SDK: Utilizing Dynamic Feature Modules
Android mobile developers are creating more complex apps than ever before and are continually looking for new ways to increase efficiency. Following Android’s recommendation to use dynamic modules for larger applications, you can now seamlessly integrate the Webex Android SDK into dynamic modules. This breakthrough not only reduces app (.apk) size but also empowers you to leverage the tight compatibility of the Webex SDK. Software Engineer, Rankush Kumar, explains we've “cracked the code” on dynamic feature modules in an informative new blog post.
📝Webex API Changelog Highlights
The Webex API Changelog had several new entries over the last month and we continue to recommend checking it frequently. Here are a few important ones to note:
- Aug. 30th, 2023 - NEW: The Webex Calling Devicesand Workspaces APIs now have the ability to list and add Webex Calling Workspaces and Devices, to onboard Webex Calling devices by MAC address, to manage Device Call Settings with Third-party device activation, and to manage Device Line Key templates.
- Sep. 7th, 2023 - NEW: Two new attributes,
hostDisplayName, are returned in the response of the List Recordings for an Admin or Compliance Officer API.
- Sep. 13th, 2023 - NEW: The
autoAcceptRequestparameter has been added to the request of the Update Meeting Registration Form API, and has also been added to the response of the Update Meeting Registration Form and Get Registration Form for a Meeting API.