Webex for Developers at Cisco Live Vegas 2023May 3, 2023
We are excited to announce the upcoming Cisco Live conference in Las Vegas, on June 4-8th, 2023 where you will have incredible opportunities to learn and connect with fellow developers and experts in the field.
Classrooms and Workshops
This year's conference features a variety of classroom and workshop sessions specifically tailored for Webex developers, where you will have the chance to dive deep into the latest Webex development tools, techniques, and best practices. You'll get to hear from experienced Webex developers and architects, who will share their insights and knowledge on building innovative and impactful applications on the Webex platform.
Here are some of the Webex classroom sessions scheduled for Cisco Live Vegas:
- DEVNET-1605: Developing Next-Gen Collaboration Experiences with the Webex Platform
- In the new hybrid world, organizations across industries are increasingly looking for ways to seamlessly collaborate while using different applications for their business needs. The Webex platform is powering such experiences while enabling speed, agility, and resilience for these organizations. In this Cisco Live session, we will explore some hero use cases, partner stories, and developer resources to help you build and shape these experiences. Join us and learn more about how different partners are enabling these possibilities using Webex platform.
- DEVNET-2369: Managing Your Calls with the Webex Call Controls API
- In this session, you will learn about how the Webex Call Controls API allows you to programmatically manage your calls. With Webex Integrations, you can build your own calling workflows. See first-hand how Webex development partners have utilized these APIs in their products to enhance functionality in the hybrid workplace.
- DEVNET-2675: Implementing OAuth 2.0 Authorization for Webex Integrations
- OAuth is a powerful way to allow users to grant permission over their accounts to third parties. Join the Webex Developer Evangelism team for a walk-through of how to create an OAuth flow so your Webex Integrations users can authorize your app to run on their accounts or simply authenticate with Login with Webex.
- BRKCOL-3015: Agile Management of Webex Calling - There's an API for that
- Webex Calling offers a number of ways to manage the solution. Individual configuration of characteristics in Control Hub complemented by bulk provisioning of features and finally: public Webex APIs. The session covers everything from brief overview of general fundamentals including REST, JSON, serialization/deserialization, integrations, scopes and OAuth flows to best practices to building provisioning tools using a Python SDK that enables easy consumption of the Webex Calling APIs. The SDK takes care of all aspects from data representation to error handling, logging, and pagination. Strategies for concurrent execution of provisioning tasks will also be covered. The session assumes some experience with development using Python.
- BRKCOL-2481: Successful Migrations from Unified CM to Webex Calling
- Moving to Webex Calling offers benefits including reduced OpEx, superior security, deployment flexibility, and scalability. In this session we will discuss migration options from Unified Communications Manager to Webex Calling multi-tenant and dedicated instance. As part of a migration, users and devices need to be moved from the existing on-premises Unified Communications Manager, features need to be mapped and users need to be trained for the new experience. In this session we want to highlight the main aspects of a successful migration and discuss migration strategies and interworking requirements. Finally, we will give an overview of the existing options for bulk migration, automation using APIs and existing tools. Some experience with both, Unified Communications Manager and Webex Calling, is a prerequisite.
- PSOCOL-1023: Webex Platform: Innovating with Embedded Apps & Integrations
- To effectively power hybrid work, organizations must rely on integrated technology ecosystems that power seamless user experiences. Attend this session to learn how Webex can help power custom collaboration experiences through interoperability, an expansive ecosystem of integrations, and industry-leading AI. Discover the limitless possibilities you can create with Webex.
Workshops are smaller sessions that allow you to get hands-on building within the Webex ecosystem.
- DEVWKS-1650: Building your first Embedded App on Webex
- Let's roll up our sleeves and build a Webex Embedded App! Participants will step through the creation of an app, development, testing, and app approval requirements for submission to the App Hub.
Webex DevNet Zone Takeover
On Wednesday, June 7th, Webex will be taking over the DevNet Zone! There will be special Webex focused activities, drinks, and snacks, and even some giveaways throughout the day. Be sure to attend the capstone talk (DEVNET-1605) at 3:00 PM in the DevNet Theater to see how Webex enables developers to power the hybrid experience.
In addition to all the scheduled activities, the Webex for Developers booths will be open all conference long in the DevNet Zone and in the Cisco Showcase. These booths will be staffed with Webex engineers, evangelists, and product managers. Be sure to stop by and learn what is possible when building on the Webex platform! Let the Webex team be your tour guide through the Webex for Developers Portal and Webex App Hub. You can even learn about how to continue the conversation after the conference in the Webex for Developers Community Forum. Stop by and pick up a laptop sticker featuring our new friend “Webbie”!
See You in Vegas!
Whether you're a seasoned Webex developer or just getting started, there is something for everyone at Cisco Live. You'll have the opportunity to connect with other developers and experts, share your experiences and insights, and learn from others in the community.
We invite you to join us at Cisco Live Las Vegas and take advantage of this incredible opportunity to learn, connect, and grow as a Webex developer. Register now to secure your spot and we look forward to seeing you there!