Meet the New Webex Browser SDKAugust 16, 2019
Harnessing the power of Webex Meetings, this new SDK plugin allows you to create and join Webex Meetings from your browser with no external plugin required!
The SDK team has been hard at work taking what we've learned from the original "phone" SDK plugin and expanding the features into the new "meetings" plugin.
New and Improved Capabilities
- Create and join audio and/or video meetings by email address, SIP address, or PSTN number
- Meeting and event controls
- Audio and video meeting control
- Maximum bandwidth configuration
- View shared content
- Share screen/application from Chrome and Firefox
- Device controls (get device list, send PIN, pair)
- Device search
- Personal Meeting Room (PMR) support
- Move media
- Moderator controls
And more features on the way!
Interested in getting started with Webex Meetings? We've got a quick start guide on our developer portal: https://developer.webex.com/docs/sdks/browser/getting-started
Goodbye SDK's "Phone" Plugin
Are you a current user of the Webex Browser SDK making calls with the "phone" plugin? This plugin has been deprecated and will no longer be supported.
Don't worry, we've got you covered with the upgrade guide.
Getting Support, Providing Feedback
This plugin is in active development, so if you're stuck or spot something not working correctly, contact the Webex Developer Support team!