Webex for Developers Newsletter – March 2022March 9, 2022
Greetings, Webex developers! There’s been a bunch of exciting things happening around the Webex for Developers platform that we want to tell you about. Let’s look at some of the interesting things that have happened in recent weeks and what you can look forward to soon.
🎉 New Webex Developer Community Forum 🎉
We are pleased to announce the launch of the brand new Webex for Developers Community forum. This community is your home to connect with and learn from Webex developers like you. You can also engage with Webex experts from Cisco, share ideas, search for answers to your top-of-mind questions, and enjoy some friendly banter. Join us on the new Webex Developer Community forum today!
✈️ Return to Live Events ✈️
After a long hiatus, the Webex Developer Evangelism team is delighted to participate in some live, in-person events in 2022. Here are two events that are already confirmed for March:
- Austin Startup Crawl Right before the start of the SXSW Conference on March 11th, the Webex Developer Evangelism team will be joining Cisco DevNet and others to participate in the Austin Startup Crawl, hosted by our wonderful partners at Capital Factory. On top of the fun social engagements, the Webex team will be bringing along some demo integrations that showcase Webex Embedded Apps.
- Enterprise Connect On March 21st to 24th, the Webex Developer Evangelists will also be attending the Enterprise Connect Conference in Orlando, to show off more new Webex integration demos and meet some new friends at the Webex by Cisco exhibit.
📺 Webex for Developer - Public Webinars 📺
A new public webinar series was recently launched, to showcase all the great offerings on the Webex for Developers platform. The next session in this series will be on March 23rd, where Senior Webex Developer Evangelist, David Liedle, will present the Webex Embedded App Developer Journey.
As a reminder, on March 10th (prior to the developer-focused webinar), you can also learn about how Webex Embedded Apps are powering real world solutions in a session offered by the Webex Product team: Importance of Visual Collaboration in Hybrid World of Work.This webinar will feature Webex partner, Miro, and focus on the rapid expansion of hybrid work.
☎️ Webex Partner Spotlight: Tollring ☎️
The Webex team have been working with Tollring over the past few months on their cool analytics integration for Webex Calling. Check out Tollring’s iCall Suite Analytics and see how the iCall Suite call analytics integrates seamlessly with Webex Calling to monitor customer interactions and staff performance, delivering actionable insight that improves business productivity and maximises customer experience.
☝️ API Updates and Changes ☝️
The Webex APIs continue to be improved with recent updates, fixes, and features. Here are some of the latest noteworthy changes:
- 🚨 NEW: Developers can now leverage the Create a Meeting API to schedule and configure webinars on the new Webex Webinars Platform . This API also allows management of webinar registrations and panelists to build a complete, automated solution. Developers with an existing Webex Events (classic) integration particularly must try this out.
- ⚠️ IMPORTANT CHANGE: Due to increased privacy requirements we are going to disallow lookup of users by email (example
GET /email@example.com) after April 30, 2022.
- ⚠️ IMPORTANT CHANGE: Starting April 27, 2022, API endpoints will no longer accept UUID formatted IDs. The Webex API uses IDs encoded as
Y2lZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ(for example, the room id as shown under 'Response Properties')
- Reminder: Keep up to date with the Webex for Developers changelog, which lists all the latest changes to the platform.
📝 New Blog Posts 📝
Senior Webex Product Manager, Omar Elrafei, provides a Webex Meetings Widget overview: https://developer.webex.com/blog/the-new-webex-meetings-widget
Webex Marketing Manager, Kritika Singhal, highlights some wonderful new meeting integrations in the Webex App Hub: https://blog.webex.com/hybrid-work/engaging-meetings/
🐦 Follow @WebexDevs on Twitter! 🐦
We recently relaunched the official @WebexDevs Twitter page, to help developers learn and keep up to date on the latest updates and news pertaining to the Webex for Developers platform. We also enjoy interacting with the developer community on Twitter and have a little fun along the way.