With Webex Calling features, connecting with people is easier than ever.
Webex Calling provides advanced telephony services for its users. The Webex Calling APIs provide an interface for third-party provisioning, which can be used to provision Webex Calling users. Call Controls provides information about active and past calls and can be used to perform call actions.
For more information about Webex Calling, see the Webex Calling Help site.
What's possible with Webex Calling Provisioning APIs?
- Retrieve a Webex Calling license
- Retrieve Locations
- Create a Webex Calling user & assign phone number, extension, location
- Delete a Webex Calling user
- Assign Webex Calling license to existing Webex user & specify phone number, extension, location
- Update phone number, extension for existing Webex Calling user
- Retrieve Webex Calling user with phone number, extension and location
- Query Webex Calling users by Location
What's possible with Webex Calling Call Controls?
- Place a call (dial)
- Answer a call (answer)
- Reject an incoming call (reject)
- Hangup a call (hangup)
- Divert an incoming call (divert)
- Hold a call (hold)
- Resume a held call (resume)
- Transfer an active call (transfer)
- Park an active call (park)
- Retrieve a parked call (retrieve)
- List active calls
- Get the details for a specific active call
- Get the Call History
When creating, updating, or retrieving Webex Calling users:
callingDataquery parameter must be set to "true" to retrieve Webex Calling details for the user when using the People API
When creating users:
- To create a Webex Calling user, include the
extension, a Webex Calling license, and (optionally) the user's
- If a
locationIdis not specified when creating a user with a
extension, or both, then the organization's default location will be used
- If the phone number is invalid, neither the phone number nor the extension will be created and associated with the person
When updating users:
- You can only add a
locationIdwhen applying a new Calling license to an existing user
- If you do not specify a
locationIdwhen adding a new Calling license to an existing user, the default will be used
- You cannot update the
locationIdfor an existing Webex Calling user
Working with Phone Numbers:
- Webex Calling APIs only support the primary phone number and not alternate phone numbers
- For US Phone Numbers use the format without country code ([area code][number]), e.g. 5715551212. The following are not supported: e.g. +15715551212, 15715551212, 571-555-1212.
- Non-US numbers must use E.164 format ([country code][area code][number]), e.g. +335715551212
Authorization scopes are required to provision users and work with Locations. For instructions on how to add these scopes to your app and for a full list of all available authorization scopes see the Integrations & Authorization Guide.
Webex Calling users can perform the telephony actions listed above directly in the Webex Teams clients. The Call Controls API provides the ability to create clients and applications which implement the same functionality.
Authorization scopes are required to read call information and perform call actions. For instructions on how to add these scopes to your app and for a full list of all available authorization scopes see the Integrations & Authorization Guide.