Manage Webex users, licenses, and hybrid services programmatically with the Webex Admin APIs.
anchorWhat's possible with Admin APIsanchor
The Webex APIs include several APIs that allow administrators to programmatically perform administrative actions such as provisioning a user or assigning a license to a user. By automating administration, user management and provisioning can be performed from an existing tool, rather than using the Webex Control Hub.
Using these APIs, an admin can, for example:
- Create a user
- Update a user
- View license usage of an organization
- View available roles of an organization
- Manage Hybrid Services licenses and users
- View information about Hybrid Clusters or Hybrid Connectors
If your organization uses the Cisco Directory Connector to synchronize Webex user accounts with Active Directory accounts, then you cannot create or delete Webex users via the People API.
anchorAdmin Audit Eventsanchor
Full administrators for an organization can use the Admin Audit Events API to retrieve information about significant actions taken by administrators in Webex Control Hub. See this article for detailed information about the types of events you can retrieve.
Use of these APIs requires you to be an administrator of an organization. If you are not an administrator of an organization, but wish to develop against these APIs, see below for instructions on how to get administrator access to an Administration Sandbox organization.
If you are an administrator, log into this site to get a development auth token with the necessary scopes.
To create an Integration that will act on behalf of an administrator, include one or more of the following scopes when requesting an auth token via OAuth:
Reports are only visible to the user who created the report. Organizations are limited to 50 reports. If you try to create a report when an organization already has 50 reports, an error will be returned by the API. See below for errors you may encounter from the API.
Using the Reports API
First, list the available report templates. These templates are available for you to use when creating a report.
Determine which template you want to use to create the report. Specify the date range for the report when creating it.
After creating the report, make note of the
idreturned. This is the report's ID. You will need this later to download it.
While the report is generated, you can check on the status of the report by retrieving the report with the ID you noted in the previous step.
When the report is ready, use the download link in the response to download the report.
Organizations may keep up to 50 reports at any time. After you've created and downloaded your report, delete it to make room for the next report.
Reports API Errors
If you encounter an error when creating a report, the response will include an
ErrorCode. See below for more information about the error.
|400||1000||Reach the limit for creating reports|
|400||1001||Report Template ID not found|
|400||1002||Over the maximum date selection allow|
|400||1003||No access to sites that you do not belong to|
|400||1004||SiteUrl cannot be empty for site level template|
|400||1009||[field required for validation, for example: templateId, siteList, etc ] can not be empty!|
|400||1016||Either none or both of |
|401||1010||Authorization token not provided|
|401||1011||Authorization token wrong or expired|
|401||1012||Feature toggle not enabled|
|401||1014||The user does not have allowed role|
|401||1018||CI Access Token or scope of the token is not valid!|
|403||1005||Not allow to generate ui report by api|
|403||1006||Not allow to delete others report|
|429||1007||Number of downloads for this report has reached the limit within 24 hrs|
If you would like to develop against the Admin APIs but you are not an administrator of your Webex Organization, you can apply for administrator rights to our Sandbox Organization. The Admin Sandbox will allow you to use a separate Webex account that is an administrator in a dummy organization for purposes of testing and developing your code.
Use of the Admin Sandbox requires that you understand and agree to the following:
- You will need a separate email address from the one you currently use for Webex. We will create a new Webex account for this email address and assign it to the Admin Sandbox organization. This new Webex account will be an administrator of the Admin Sandbox Organization.
- The email address you use for the Sandbox account cannot have been previously used for a Webex account and cannot be associated with a domain that has been claimed by an existing Webex organization. This means an alias for your work email address will probably not work, as your company has likely claimed your entire email domain for their Organization. Using a personal email address or a web email service is recommended.
- You will be an admin in the Sandbox Organization, along with every other developer who has been granted access to the Sandbox organization. This means you will have the ability to remove other users, claim domains, and other functions a Webex organization admin has the ability to do. Play nice. Kicking other users, altering data, and generally monkeying about in the admin console won't be tolerated and we'll permanently ban you from the Sandbox if you're being malicious.
- To use the Admin APIs or the interactive Webex for Developers documentation as an admin, you will need to sign into the Webex for Developers web site with the new administrator account using your alternate email address. You'll need to generate authentication tokens as this administrator account, rather than from your normal account. Your normal account will not have any access to the administrative APIs or the Admin Sandbox.
- When your account is created for the Admin Sandbox, you will receive an email inviting you to administer the organization. You will need to follow the instructions in that email to complete your activation.
To request access to the administrator sandbox, send an email from the email address used on your existing Webex account to firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting Admin Sandbox access, and including the email address you would like to have enabled for sandbox access.