This page lists recent and upcoming changes to the Webex Teams REST API. Contact the Webex Developer Support team with any questions.
- A new type of application is now available! Guest Issuer apps may now be created to let guest users collaborate with your organization’s paid users. See our Guest Issuer documentation for more information about Guest Issuer apps.
- WARNING The Memberships API will no longer return memberships and will instead return a 404 Not Found for team spaces (rooms) which are archived.
- Webex Resource Groups for Hybrid Services may now be managed via two new API endpoints: Resource Groups and Resource Group Memberships. For more information about managing Resource Groups via the Webex API, see the Managing Hybrid Services guide.
- The People API will soon include a new
phoneNumbersfield, which will provide the phone numbers associated with the person. This read-only field will be returned for people within the same organization.
- The Messages API now accepts group mentions, such as @all, when creating new messages. See the Formatting Messages guide for details.
- Group mentions in messages are now included in Messages API response details. A new response parameter,
mentionedGroups, will be present if a group is @mentioned in a message.
- The Messages API will soon accept group mentions, such as @all, when creating new messages. Check back for more information within the coming weeks.
- The Messages API no longer rejects new messages which contain an @mention for an email address that is not associated with a Webex Teams user. The message will contain the display name, if provided, or the email address in plain text instead of the @mention.
- MAJOR The following scopes have been deprecated and will no longer work after August 15, 2018:
spark-admin:team_memberships_write. They are no longer available for testing via Test Mode in the Webex Teams API Reference, or with your portal token, if you are an Organization Administrator. These scopes have been replaced by
spark-compliancescopes for use by designated Compliance Officers. See this guide for more information about compliance scopes.
- WARNING The Messages API currently accepts values for both the
markdownparameters when sending a message. After July 15, 2018, this API will return an error if a new message contains values for both parameters. Use only one parameter for the message body. Markdown content will be automatically transformed to plain-text for API clients which support only plain-text messages.
- Two new roles will soon be available via the Roles API: User Admin and Device Admin. These roles may be assigned or unassigned to users with the People API.
- WARNING The Messages API currently accepts @mentions in 1:1 messages. After May 26, 2018, this API will return an error if a message sent to a 1:1 space contains an @mention.
- All licenses for Hybrid Services which are available for an organization, both enabled and disabled, will now be returned via the Licenses API. Hybrid Services licenses may now be assigned to users before a particular service is activated.
- MAJOR Beginning March 17, 2018, the Cisco Spark platform will require API clients to use TLS 1.1 or higher. The TLS 1.0 encryption protocol will be disabled on all endpoints to align with industry best practices for transport security. See this blog post for more information.