This page lists recent and upcoming changes to the Webex Teams REST API. Contact Webex Developer Support with any questions.
- The People API now includes a
phoneNumbersresponse property, which will provide the phone numbers associated with the person. This read-only property will only be returned for people within the same organization.
- Currently, compliance officers can only see membership Events for spaces owned by their organization. Soon, compliance officers will have access to membership events for all spaces which include members of their organization, regardless of the space's owner.
- Compliance officers can now delete messages in 1:1 spaces that were sent by an external user. Previously, messages in 1:1 spaces from an external user could only be monitored.
- You can now retrieve messages in a 1:1 space without first knowing the
roomIdof the conversation. Use the new List Direct Messages action with the other party's person ID or email to retrieve messages from the 1:1 space.
- A new type of application is now available! Guest Issuer apps may now be created to let guest users collaborate with your organization’s paid users. See our Guest Issuer documentation for more information about Guest Issuer apps.
- WARNING The Memberships API will no longer return memberships and will instead return a 404 Not Found for team spaces (rooms) which are archived.
- The People API will soon include a new
phoneNumbersfield, which will provide the phone numbers associated with the person. This read-only field will be returned for people within the same organization.
- The Messages API now accepts group mentions, such as @all, when creating new messages. See the Formatting Messages guide for details.
- Group mentions in messages are now included in Messages API response details. A new response parameter,
mentionedGroups, will be present if a group is @mentioned in a message.
- The Messages API will soon accept group mentions, such as @all, when creating new messages. Check back for more information within the coming weeks.
- MAJOR The following scopes have been deprecated and will no longer work after August 15, 2018:
spark-admin:team_memberships_write. They are no longer available for testing via Test Mode in the Webex Teams API Reference, or with your portal token, if you are an Organization Administrator. These scopes have been replaced by
spark-compliancescopes for use by designated Compliance Officers. See this guide for more information about compliance scopes.
- WARNING The Messages API currently accepts values for both the
markdownparameters when sending a message. After July 15, 2018, this API will return an error if a new message contains values for both parameters. Use only one parameter for the message body. Markdown content will be automatically transformed to plain-text for API clients which support only plain-text messages.
- Two new roles will soon be available via the Roles API: User Admin and Device Admin. These roles may be assigned or unassigned to users with the People API.
- WARNING The Messages API currently accepts @mentions in 1:1 messages. After May 26, 2018, this API will return an error if a message sent to a 1:1 space contains an @mention.
- All licenses for Hybrid Services which are available for an organization, both enabled and disabled, will now be returned via the Licenses API. Hybrid Services licenses may now be assigned to users before a particular service is activated.
Last updated: February 8, 2019
- MAJOR Beginning March 17, 2018, the Cisco Spark platform will require API clients to use TLS 1.1 or higher. The TLS 1.0 encryption protocol will be disabled on all endpoints to align with industry best practices for transport security. See this blog post for more information.